|Preamble:The first International Conference with the
theme ' Africa Meets Asia', in association with the Churchill College of Music,
Cambridge University, UK was held in July 2008 and was a great success.
At the concluding session a 'Bangalore Declaration' was adopted where a
decision to hold international Conferences once in three years was made.
In accordance with this decision, the Second International Conference was
held in January 2011 with the theme "Rhythm and Melody in World Music".
The Third International Conference on Music & Dance (ICMD) 2014 was held
from 22 January 2014 to 27 January 2014 with the theme "Classical Forms in World Music"
and it was a resounding success. Continuing the tradition and with the unstinted
support and encouragement from across the World the Sabha has decided to hold the
Fourth International Conference on Music and Dance 2017 with the theme
"Harmonic and Melodic World Music". Along with the Conference the Annual
Music and Dance Festival 2017 is also planned. The two events will be
held from June 2017 to 28 June 2017.
• Key Note Lectures
• Invited Talk/Lecture
• Paper Presentation
• Panel Discussion
• Concluding Session
• Concerts by Purandara & Yuva Purandara Awardees 2017
• Concert/ Dance Programmes by Eminent Invited Artists
• Short presentations by the Senior Students of the Sabha's School of Performing Arts
ICMD 2017 Brochure Click Here...
ICMD 2017 Registration Form Click Here...
| Paper Submission:
are advised to submit a two page (A4 size) extended abstract giving a short and focused title,
author/s name/s affiliations, address for communication including Phone Nos/ Mobile Nos. and
Email IDs. the text of the abstract should include a brief introduction, scope, brief details,
conclusions and references, if any, neatly typed in 1.5 line spacing Docs.
Topics for the Conference:
• Musical forms of Carnatic music
• Musical forms of Hindustani music
• Manodharma forms in Indian music
• Western classical music forms - Vocal, Instrumental and Orchestra
• Evolution of classical music for Indian Dance forms
• Influence of other genres of music on Indian Classical music
• Any other topic relevant to the theme of the Conference
|Last date for Abstract submission:
31st March 2017
|Paper Acceptance/ presentation:
• All the extended abstracts received from the authors will be reviewed by an Expert Committee.
• The Decision of the Expert Committee is final.
• Communication of acceptance will be send by email/letter.
• Author/s will be allowed to make their presentations in 25 minutes and 5 minutes in set
apart for audience interaction.
• Power Point Projection (PPT) will be available.
• Schedule of presentations will be decided by the Expert Committee and changes of the
same will not be conceded.
All the extended abstracts selected and accepted by the Experts Committee constituted for
the purpose will be brought out as an "Abstract Book". Along with the extended abstract,
a brief biodata of the author/s and photograph/s will also be included in the Book of Abstracts.
A copy of the PPT presentation should also be submitted to the Organising Committee
after its presentation for record.
• All authors of papers accepted for presentation need to register by paying the prescribed
Registration Fee. Registration Form
• All Members (including spouses) of the Sabha desirous of attending the Conference are
requested to register for the Conference. There is no registration fee for the Members and
• All other (other than members) need to register by paying the Registration Fee to
attend the Confrence as "Delegate".
• Senior students of the School of Performing Arts of the Sabha recommended by their
respective Teachers can attend the Conference after due Registration. There is no fee for
registering such students.
• All Teachers of the School of Performing Arts of the Sabha can attend the Conference after dew
Registration. There is no registration fee for teachers.
• Complimentary Registration will be Provided for all Sponsors/Co-Sponsors of the Conference,
advertisers in the Souvenir, Sponsors and Co-sponsors of concerts in the Music & Dance Festival
etc as decided by the Organising Committee.
• Research Students in Music & Dance from recognized institutions or reputed guides can register
and attend as Delegate by paying the prescribed Fees.
Members of the Sabha and their Spouses
Recommended Students of Performing Arts of the sabha
Faculty/Teachers of the School of Performing Arts (ISS)
Research Students in a recognized Institution/
with a recognized guide
US $ 50.00
| Programme Schedule
24 June 2017
Registration, Inauguration, Purandara Awards & Concert
25 June 2017 - 28 June 2017
9:00 AM to 11:00 AM and 11.30 AM to 1.30PM- Sessions
5.00PM to 9.00PM- Concerts
Last date for submission of Abstracts
Communication of Acceptance of the Paper to Authors
Last Date for Registration
Conference & Festival Dates
31 March 2017
15 April 2017
30 April 2017
24 June 2017 to 28 June 2017
|Eligibility for Registrants
Book of Abstract/Registration Material
Free Admission to the Concerts
Rs. 3.00 lakhs & above
Rs 1.00 to 3.00 lakshs
Upto Rs 1.00 Lakh
|Advertisements in the Book of Abstracts
Inside Front or Inside Back Cover
Inside Full Page
Inside Half Page
|Mode of Payments for Registration,
Sponsorship & Advertisements
Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of Indiranagar Sangeetha Sabha, Payable at Bangalore.
Name of the Bank & Branch : Oriental Bank & Commerce, Indiranagar Branch, Bangalore 50 038, India
Beneficiary: Indiranagar Sangeetha Sabha
Account No: 10571011000398;
Type of Account: Current
IFSC Code: ORBC010157; MICR Code: 560022009
|All Communications may be addressed to
Organising Committee ICMD 2017
Indiranagar Sangeetha Sabha (Regd Trust)
8th Main Road, HAL Second Stage
Bangalore - 560 008, India
Ph: +91 80 4172 2215
+91 9901980404 (Between 2:00 pm and 8:00 pm, except Sunday)